Everything you need to know about top 10 universities in Australia, ranking, their USPs and what makes them your dream destination to study in Australia
Studying abroad is a great idea!
Well if you choose to study in Australia from top 10 universities? It’s not surprising…
Millions of students are doing it right now, studying in some of the best universities in Australia to experience a whole new world of culture, opportunities and choose a successful global career.
Australia’s is world’s 3rd most popular study destination and according to an International Student Survey of 65,696 respondents, 74% of the respondents said Australia was their first choice for overseas study and it’s not difficult to understand why…
Universities in Australia have a strong reputation worldwide and 95% of international students rank reputation of qualification from Australian universities among the top five factors for deciding to study in Australia. 37 Australian universities rank among the worlds best in the 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings and many more among the top 300 universities in the world.
Top 10 Universities in Australia
Whether you’re planning for the prestigious Group of 8 (Go8)– Australia’s leading universities or universities that offer outstanding niche programs, we’ve compiled a list of top 10 universities in Australia to make it easier to pick your dream destination.
1) UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES (UNSW)
UNSW stands as one of the world’s top 50 universities. Recognized as the university with the strongest links to the university, UNSW is host to some of the best award winning lecturers and industry leaders that ensures that its graduates are the top choice for the most in-demand companies. The University stands out for its innovative engineering programs and host among the most renowned engineering faculties in Australia. The university’s other major highlights include:
- 36th in the world for academic reputation
- 26th for employer reputation
- 5 Stars + ratings across teaching, research, employability, facilities and innovation categories
- 14th most international university in the world
- Founding member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8)
- 14th most International University in the world
- Highest Research Funding: UNSW is the only Australian university to yield more than $100 million in government funding in 2016
2) AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU)
The only university to be created by the parliament of Australia is located in Canberra. ANU consistently ranks as Australia’s top university and among the top 20 universities in the world. Top-notch qualification and an unparalleled education experience on and off campus apart, ANU helps you stand out in the job market and offers among the highest student employability.
- Hands-on experience in places like the Australian Parliament, the United Nations, the Climate Change Institute …
- Exclusive opportunities for travel, even in first-year through PRIMO.
- The ability to get involved, make lifelong friends, and develop your leadership skills on campus.
- Offers 5 star student to teacher ratio
ANU is more than just another university, it’s a learning destination where you’ll meet people from around the world, develop your international network, and get a truly global perspective on things.
3) UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
Australia’s second oldest university, the University of Melbourne is considered an international leader in business, law and medicine programs. It is considered to be Australia’s most popular school to study engineering. The distinctive experience and curriculum helps graduates become well-rounded, thoughtful and skilled professionals.
- Ranked No. 1 in Australia by Times Higher Education World University Ranking
- Ranks 32 in the world,
- The University of Melbourne stands at 7 in graduate employability worldwide
With over 12000 international students from 130 countries, the university has over 100 research centers and institutes.
With its state-of-the-art campus facilities and highly awarded faculties, UQ offers an outstanding experience. Popular for its programs in business and life sciences, it has an idyllic campus that is counted among the best in Australia. The research intensive university has a remarkable alumni network and offers a wide range of cultural, educational opportunities in its bustling campus. It boasts of 7 research institute and ranks No.2 in the prestigious Nature index. Its accomplishments include:
- 41st in performance ranking of scientific papers of world universities
- 45th best global universities league table
- 47th in the QS world university ranking
- 55th Academic ranking of World universities
- 65th by Times Higher Education World University Ranking
5) THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
The University of Sydney has one of the most beautiful university campuses in the world and offers the widest range of courses of any Australian University. Ranked 1st in Australia and 4th in the world for graduate employability, University of Sydney offers a vibrant campus life and world-class facilities. It also ranks among the best universities in the Asia Pacific by Times Higher Education.
Ranked in the top 1 percent of world universities, Monash University is among the top 100 universities and ranked 21st in the Times Higher Education World Universities Rankings. Monash University stands out for its career-focused degrees, high academic standards and research. The distinctive experience offers more study options, more research projects and more international exchange programs for a broader education experience helps foster a truly global outlook and
Stand out with a degree from UWA, its vibrant student life and globally recognized course structure. A member of the prestigious Group of Eight Australian universities, UWA is considered the fastest rising university in the world. It ranks No.1 for student demand, graduate starting salaries, research intensity and research grants. With 7 of its subjects ranked in world’s top 50, the research-intensive institution is one of only two Australian members of the Worldwide Universities Network. Major highlights include:
- #1 in Western Australia for Graduate Employability
- Ranks #1 in Western Australia and 87th in the World
- 24th in the world for Life and Agricultural Sciences
8) THE UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE
Established in 1874, the University of Adelaide ranks in the top 1% of universities worldwide. A member of the prestigious Group of Eight Australian Universities, It stands outs for its international reputation for quality research, education and progressive thinking. Ranked at 109 in QS World University Rankings, the university stands among the top 200 in all five fields measured by ARWU rankings. The vibrant campus culture and world-class facilities ensure that the University of Adelaide offers one of Australia’s highest quality university learning environments.
9) UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, SYDNEY (UTS)
Australia’s No.1 young university is also ranked #1 in Australia and 8th globally in the QS Top 50 under 50 index of new universities, UTS is a contemporary and innovative university that offers career focused courses in vibrant campus environment. It stands at 28th among Australia’s most international university and is five star rated in the QS Star university rankings. Based in Sydney, UTS courses are renowned for their practice-based approach and a vibrant student life with numerous opportunities.
10) UNIVERSITY OF NEW CASTLE
A truly global university part of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight universities, the University of New Castle is renowned for its world-class research, deep and diverse industry partnerships. Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide, the global research-intensive institution offers internationally recognized degree programs. Counted among the world’s best, its highlights include:
- Among the top 1% universities in the world and in the top 250 universities in the world.
- 13 UON’s disciplines rank in the top 200 in the world
- Top 8 in Australia for research ‘well-above the world standards’
- Over 90% research at UON is at or above world standard
- Top 10 in Australia for research income
University of New Castle (UON) has achieved an impressive five-star ratings for social equity, student retention, overall experience and learning resources.
Discover more about these and other top universities in Australia that specialize in the field of your choice at Planet Education. Get best and updated guidance and free counseling with international education experts with over 15 years of experience. Interested to discover options to study in Canada, USA, UK or New Zealand? From interactions with university official delegates to free IELTS coaching, Planet Education has helped thousands of people study abroad and explore a world of big opportunities.